SEUE meeting, 21 November 2019, at 7:30 pm EST
Attendees: John Fitzgerald, Yuko Takegoshi, Waïl Shudar, Meredith Tanguay, Andrew Dow, and Tina Dow
- Congratulations to john Fitzgerald for his recent completion of GUE Fundamentals.
- SEUS shirts are still available. Please let us know if you would like to purchase.
- Andrew gave attendees a Conference Recap.
- Opening board position: Richie is moving so the VP position will be reopened for a December vote. In addition, the President and Treasurer positions will be up in December. Within the next few weeks members will have the ability to nominate themselves or someone for any openings. Members are encouraged to review the Bylaws to determine eligibility.
- Wail asked about the upcoming Mexico trip. The price and logistics was briefly discussed by Andrew. He is still coordinating with a GUE Instructor in Mexico. It is his hope that by the December meeting finalized plans will be presented to members.
- Other possible open-water trips for March and/or May 2020 were mentioned. Potential destinations include the Bahamas, Cozumel, and Bonaire. Yuko was tasked with collecting more information regarding dive locations, lodging, and cost for Cozumel. Meredith said she had all the information we would need for Bonaire.
- Meredith informed the attendees that SEUE via Andrew won a raffle she held during the GUE conference. Once Andrew reviews the logistics, he will decide how to best implement this within the group.
- John had a question regarding posting about upcoming dive trips to get more group involvement. He would like to have a more formal medium. Andrew said this was the intention of the Facebook page and Website.
- John also asked about the best way to introduce people to SEUE. He suggested posting trip reports, maps of dive locations, pictures, etc., as a way for people to collect beta for upcoming dives. Yuko said NAUI has similar information available. Andrew shared with attendees that having this type of information available to members was the intention of the SEUE website. It was just finding someone who had the skill ad time to implement this idea. John offered his services.
- Yuko and Meredith both further discussed Website development in the form of blogs that could then be incorporated into a newsletter. Meredith suggested having members continually write blogs that can be schedule for release at specific times via autopopulation. It was agreed that this was what members would like to see in the future.
- The meeting was adjourned by Andrew at 8:00 pm EST.